Auckland Assembly leaders met together on a number of occasions in the twilight years of last century and expressed their need to restore and enhance cooperation and communication between our family of churches. In 2001 a meeting of leaders highlighted some needs across the Greater Auckland region
- to support, serve and encourage our family of churches
- to renew evangelistic zeal and combine resources to accomplish this
- to encourage, inspire, train and motivate leaders and elders
- to do things together we can’t do on our own
- to establish a development fund
- to move ahead with a plan of action
A group of leaders was then formed to begin to work on planning how to meet these needs.
Building upon the heritage of Greater Auckland & Northland Christian Brethren Assemblies our mission is to foster opportunities for evangelism, growth and development by encouraging, partnering, and equipping; and to network, communicate, and share resources (people, skills, information, facilities and finance) to facilitate this.