The Trust was established in 1919. The Stewards' Trust of New Zealand Incorporated (our full legal name) is an Incorporated Society and is a registered charitable entity in terms of the New Zealand Charities Commission (CC10270). For more information visit the Charities Register at www.charities.govt.nz.
Stewards' Trust has a variety of roles. It:
- Provides a property trustee service,
- Can be named in your Will to receive legacies for Christian work. You can specify your particular interests,
- Receives and administers various funds, principally for Christian work within New Zealand, associated with Brethren assemblies,
- Provides backing for Strength and Unity Conferences for Brethren leaders,
- Can put you or your church in touch with people who can offer you help and guidance with property and finance related matters.
- Has provided information and assistance to churches to assist them with the registration process for the New Zealand Charities Commission.
- Has established a Group Insurance Scheme for churches and has assisted some churches with insurance matters.